Monday, January 11, 2010

Soften

You are too hard on yourself
Not taking credit for the positive
Always focusing on the negative
Try not to spend too much time dwelling on the latter
You have a good heart and this is what's the most visible, what most matters
When you are genuine errors slip away, dissipating into nothing
Easy for me to let go of the sting that these slips initially cause
They just aren't important when you decide to be better
No record exists
You did something special, stood up for me when you didn't need to
Amazing
Made me proud
I felt special
Taking on a role you just aren't used to
These are the things I hold on to
The things that I remember...


Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

SOC said...

The stronger you appear to those around you the less likely you are to experience someone standing up to defend you. & so decreases the chance you will feel amazed proud or special. It is human nature to defend those that can be seen to be weak or in need and abandon the strong to their own devices.