Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Heart...

Last night I slept without my heart.
Rested it carefully in it's box on my bedside cabinet.
In a bid to disconnect.
You see my heart is beautiful.
Shiny.
Silver.
Strong.
But I needed to understand what it felt like to not have it in it's consecrated space.
Had to know whether the sun would shine if it wasn't in place.
Funny because for the entire day...
It rained.
9 months of wearing it.
Displaying it.
It's weight had left an indentation on my pulse.
It took those months to birth this new direction.
To birth this emotion.
This...
Confusion and so I figured that if I didn't have it, I would be better.
Maybe.
Hopefully.
Unrealistically.
When I awoke I went into the world without it.
Constantly thought about it.
Felt lost.
Stories are reflected and caught in its peaks and mark is dips.
Indentations show who I am.
Imprinted on my soul.
A part of me.
I have no idea whether I will ever be able to take it back out of its box again...


S.O.A.P® Blogging on the go...

No comments: