Saturday, September 4, 2010

Random thought...

So,

I was working on something new this morning and I kinda had one of those moments where it dawned on me... I am so fortunate to have this ability.

Corny or seemingly conceited perhaps but let me explain.

It is very rare that I write with a plan in mind. I mean, words literally fall out of me onto paper/PC/BB.

I use freeverse to freewrite (ha, you see what I mean? That could be a hot line in a poem or rap and it wasn't even intentional ... *must remember to use that one day*)

It's as if something else takes over and I am just the medium for it.
I get into that zone and I'm off, with the fairies perhaps (as my mum would say). Something trance like occurs and these brilliant ideas just materialise out of "nowhere".

I'm sure the same thing applies to painters or sculptures or anyone creative for that matter.

I guess that's why they call it a talent?

Random moment over...


S.O.A.P® Blogging on the go...

No comments: