Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sahy-luh ns Si-lence
1. The condition or quality of being or keeping still and silent.
2. The absence of sound; stillness.
3. A period of time without speech or noise.
4. Refusal or failure to speak out.


//-->v. tr. si·lenced, si·lenc·ing, si·lenc·es

1. To make silent or bring to silence: silenced the crowd with a gesture.
2. To curtail the expression of; suppress: silencing all criticism; silenced their opponents


I think I have reached that point
Exhausted by all of these obstacles
Fatigue plagues me and Monday morning only brings tired eyes and wishes for the end of the week
Solitude it now all I seek
Making plans to be alone
In a place where nothing is expected and nobody wants anything
Tired
Shut down
I will remain silent until tomorrow
Or maybe the next day
Whichever day equals the end of all of this
No more trying
No more fighting
I refuse to revisit the pain of the past and I will not allow this weight to force me to my knees
Voices
All around voices make demands on me
Sometimes becoming cryptic and not fully explaining but still expecting me to be everything that I always was
I have figured out what these messages mean but refuse to take action because I don’t want to have to figure it out when the source of the confusion could easily speak plainly
Speak
Plainly
Or leave me be
Tired
Silent
Shut
Down

1 comment:

SOC said...

i promise you I can speak plain i am just wondering if i missed the boat.