Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Concussion

I am unable to look at you
For this conjures feelings of discomfort, longing and regret
Thoughts made up in my own mind, my own head
I black out in memories of touch, taste, smell
Imaginings of what was not
Yet
I dreamt
Allowed my own disillusion to cloud my judgement
I dreamt
Misunderstanding our connection
I dreamt
I just thought…I just wanted to... But what about…
Well…
Nevermind
My attachment to you made you turn to me, look me dead in the eye and pretend you were fine, happy even…again
The worst feeling in the world
My fault
My regret
Head lowered I make my way slowly and quietly back to my corner
Ashamed that I did it again


S.O.A.P® Blogging on the go...

1 comment:

SOC said...

It was not your attachment that did it. It was his deceitful acceptance of your hopeful gaze and his lack of honesty