Friday, July 8, 2011

Words

Eyes scan curiously but I am unsure exactly what they seek.
Amusement and intrigue metered out equally.
My observations are not sprinkled with the negative but words and actions do contradict.
No denying it.
Self-imposed rules forgotten as I remember words uttered in what seems like a past life.
I am looking for the message but wish you would just tell me.
Usually discomfort plagues when my story is spoken through another’s lips but this time was different.
Eye contact consistent.
I wonder if fear imprisons the words of desire that are mixed with indecision?
I never want you to search for what you think I want to hear.
Goodness knows that I have endured more than my fair share of this, at the mouths of men wanting to impress.
I just want you to open up and…
Speak to me.
Please.

No comments: