Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scales.

I just want balance.
For the ups and downs to be equal.
Want the book that history is written in to move one leaf at a time.
For my mirror to show more than an eroded vision of mis-spelt words and unsung phrases.
Will accept 'I Hate You" as long as "I Love You" echoes with the same reckless passion.
Balance.
Let me see pride just as much as I see embarrassed avoidance.
Admiration standing side by side with resentment.
Hunger and desire to walk hand in hand with repulsion.
I can take the bad just give the good in equal measure so that I don't have to play knock down ginger with contentment.
So that I no longer have to pretend that one doesn't outweigh the other.

Natalie Fiawoo ® Blogging on the go...

1 comment:

SOC said...

An ingenious way to bring balance when good just won’t increase in your life is to simply decrease the bad.