Thursday, October 28, 2010

White room realities

Temporarily left to our own devices the brown white atmosphere allowed a certain level of comfort.
Conversation flowed easily and we moved from topic to topic.
Up until this point no more than a few respectfully placed phrases has met in the air but a mutual respect and common interests allowed us to feel at ease.
Nothing romantic. Not at all.
Just conversation.
Platonic interaction.
He shared secrets of word play and triumphs of lost love reborn and I listened.
Intently.
Open heartedly.
Curiously.
"I do wonder what it would be like to be with a girl from the same tribe as me, a Muslim Hausa... It would be nice. Shared language, shared tradition and shared belief systems..."
I wonder if he noticed the flick in my eye lids as I adjusted my thoughts and pushed away what had invaded my subconscious.
He had shined a light on my life without even realising it.
Reminded me of hopeless wishes and grey sunshine.
Reality washed over me and I was silenced.

S.O.A.P® Blogging on the go...

No comments: