Wednesday, May 18, 2011

IHop.

Just over 2 years of silence.
2 years interrupted by the vibrations and bells of an incoming email.
I remember the last time contact was made.
I referenced the sarcastic pride your mother would feel at how you spat all over my family and grandfather.
Poking at the pain of his passing with wide eyed hunger.
You scarred my skin with taunts of "fat" and "ugly"
Laughing callously.
Now.
Now you beg for forgiveness?
Attempting to send your heart through yahoo.
Wondering if I still think of you.
Whether the memories once created were enough to keep a small tea light floating brightly in the lilly pond of my soul.
In this instant.
I struggle to remember anything past the threats of violence.
The mental and emotional abuse.
Your issues being branded all over me.
You tried to break me and in truth you almost succeeded.
I thank God that a better example carried my burdens for a while.

Natalie Fiawoo ® Blogging on the go...

No comments: